Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I do need to apologize - I have not been very faithful at writing my monthly update! I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Please mark your calendar for the Nebrasaka Hospital Association conference which will be held October 14 -16, 2009 at the Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln. Details are being worked out for the workshops that will be held for NAHVRP members. Please watch the blog for more information. We will also be holding our Annual Meeting during the conference so it will be important for the membership to attend.

As of June 2, Robin Tetley has submitted her resignation to the NAHVRP Board of Directors:
"I have the bittersweet task of informing the board and members of NAHVRP that I will be unable to fulfill my duties as President-Elect. I was accepted into the Masters program for Non-Profit Management at Roehampton University in London, England and will be leaving the end of August to start this one year program. It was never my intent to depart on my duties prematurely but I have been given an opportunity that I would be foolish to refuse. Realizing my desire to go onto graduate school within the field of Non-Profit Management wouldn’t have happened without my job as a volunteer coordinator and the amazing group of women I met through the Nebraska Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals. Each one of you has inspired to make working within the field of volunteerism my career and now I am taking the necessary steps to receiving all the tools I will need to be successful. I will fulfill all of my duties until I depart from my position at Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in late August and I am willing to work with the current and future members of the board to help continue the goals that have been set in motion. Sincerely, Robin Tetley Teen Volunteer Coordinator Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center"

We wish Robin well on her new and exciting endeavor!

No comments: